What is NODSS?
What is NODSS?
NODSS is a support group set up to help people with sleep disorders. While we do tend to have more Narcoleptics as members, we provide counselling and information to people with any sleep disorder. NODSS is staffed entirely by volunteers and raises funds for it's services through membership fees, donations and government grants.
A Brief History
NODSS was founded by psychologist Dr Dorothy Bruck in 1986, along with a small group of volunteers.
NODSS became an incorporated body in 1988, and was also classified as a public benevolent institution under the Tax Act (Australia). It operates as a national body.
What NODSS Does
The aims of NODSS are:
- To provide support for people with narcolepsy or any other sleep disorder and also their families and friends.
- To provide support for doctors, health professionals and students.
- To encourage and aid research into sleep disorders.
- To gather information and make it accessible.
Services provided by NODSS are:
- 24 hour phone counseling and information service. (see contacts page for phone numbers and addresses)
- Bimonthly newsletter "The Reveille"
- The NODSS Facebook Group - a safe online meeting place for members.
- Bimonthly meetings in Melbourne with guest speakers
- Information packages available on request
- Library of articles and books (enquiries welcome)
Note that all publications (articles/papers/books/magazines/etc) are subject to Copyright law. ©Copyright is held by NODSS Narcolepsy and Overwhelming Daytime Sleep Society of Australia, or otherwise as noted. Material on this website is intended as a source of general information only. It is not to be used for diagnosis or treatment. NODSS Narcolepsy & Overwhelming Daytime Sleep Society of Australia. ABN 74 098 031 595
Questions or problems regarding this website should be directed to the webmaster.